An investment in public transit is a commitment to mobility and quality of life for the people of New York State. Public transportation is also essential to economic recovery and growth, keeping riders and communities safe, and essential workers serving the public.
TRANSIT MOVES THE ECONOMY
Virtual Advocacy Campaign
The theme for this year’s advocacy campaign is Transit Moves the Economy. Transit’s response to the pandemic continues to be critical to meeting community-wide needs, including revitalization. We want lawmakers to know that:
- Keeping capital programs alive is an essential investment in New York State’s public transit infrastructure and will result in substantial economic stimulus.
- Funding will maintain and create jobs and impact billions of dollars in spending on buses, rail cars, and other transit infrastructure.
- As the state continues to navigate the pandemic, communities can continue to rely on transit for mobility and to support community needs.
- Over four weeks, NYPTA will reinforce its message through virtual legislative meetings, intentional social media engagement, press releases on key issues, and email-based letter writing campaigns.
Our virtual advocacy campaign kicks off February 17 with a virtual campaign briefing, followed by statewide meetings and other activity February 22 - March 12.
- Register now for the February 17 campaign briefing
- View the coalition toolkit
- Learn more about New Yorkers for Better Public Transit coalition