Transit Awareness Day 2020
Register now for Transit Awareness Day, Tuesday, March 10! This pro-transit event includes a breakfast at the Renaissance Hotel, followed by meetings with lawmakers in the State Capitol and Legislative Office Building (LOB).
NYPTA is pleased to once again bring the transit community together in support of a unified message on the importance of a strong state investment in public transportation.
Monday, March 9, 2019
6 p.m. NYPTA Board of Directors meeting, Renaissance Hotel, Albany
8 p.m. NYPTA Corporate Committee meeting, Wellington's Lounge, Renaissance Hotel, Albany
Tuesday March 10, 2020
7:30 a.m.-9:15 a.m. Issues Breakfast, Ballroom, Renaissance Hotel, Albany, featuring a panel of transit experts, advocates and legislators
- Nick Sifuentes, Executive Director, Tri-State Transportation Campaign
- Sharon Sherman, Executive Director, Greater Syracuse Tenants Network
- Jeffrey Buell, Principal, Redburn Development Partners, LLC
- Brian O'Grady, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- Senator Tim Kennedy, Chair, Committee on Transportation
- Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli, Chair, Committee on Transportation
- Assemblyman Harry Bronson, Member, Committee on Transportation
- Assemblywoman Amy Paulin, Chair, Committee on Corporations, Authorities, and Commissions
- Senator Leroy Comrie, Chair, Committee on Corporations, Authorities, and Commissions
- Senator Rachel May, Chair, Committee on Aging
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Legislative Appointments, State Capitol / Legislative Office Building
NYPTA Staff will be on hand throughout the day with additional copies of position papers and refreshments.
Active Participation Is Needed!
This year's program will build on last year's success and drive home the message that public transportation is vital to New York communities and a driving force of New York State's economy. All NYPTA members are encouraged to attend. Business partners, with a special emphasis on New York state-based companies, are asked to participate and specifically share information about the economic impact their companies have on New York state's economic success.
Register here now!
Anyone who cancels before February 28 will receive a full refund. There will be no refunds after February 28.
A block of rooms has been reserved for Monday, March 9 at the Renaissance Hotel. Space is limited. Please make your reservations today online or by calling 518.992.2500 (rooms will sell out). You must let them know you are with New York Public Transit Association in order to receive the $209 (standard) room rate. Rooms in this block will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sponsorship Opportunities: Expand Your Reach!
Please support the Association’s transit awareness and advocacy efforts by becoming a Transit Awareness Day sponsor! Your support will be used to offset the Association’s costs of display booths, advocacy materials, breaks and other Transit Awareness Day activities.
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
Exclusive Sponsorship Opportunities
|» Diamond | $3,500||» Platinum | $2,500|
|» Gold | $2,000||» Silver | $1,000|
|» Bronze | $500|
Make Your Voice Heard and Schedule Your Legislative Meetings
Please be sure to call your local legislators to schedule personal meetings on Tuesday, March 10 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. NYPTA's legislative representatives will provide copies of the Association's position papers, which will also be distributed to legislators and their staff on Tuesday morning, March 10.