ALBANY, NY (02/02/2015) - The New York Public Transit Association (NYPTA) will promote public transportation during Transit Awareness Day on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 in The Well of the Legislative Office Building.
WHO: New York Public Transit Association and representatives from the state's transit agencies, business partners, labor, and riders.
WHAT: Transit Awareness Day - On Tuesday, February 3, representatives from the state's transit agencies, business partners, labor, and riders will come together to meet with lawmakers to gain support for public transit and to emphasize the industry's valuable contribution to the State's economy. Public transportation is a critical factor in New York State's economy and advancement, maximizing affordable mobility for all New Yorker's that pays dividends in the future. Public transit contributes to New York State's financial health, with over 70% of all mass transit trips taking residents to and from work. Not only do New York's transit systems directly employ more than 75,000 people, their annual multi-billion dollar capital investment programs produce jobs and a powerful economic impact in manufacturing and service businesses in all regions of the State.
WHEN: Tuesday February 03, 2015 at 12:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
WHERE: Legislative Office Building (The Well)
Albany, New York
NOTES: Schedule of Events
11:00am - 6:00pm Transit Means Business Display (The Well)
12:00pm - 12:45pm Invest in Transit Rally (The Well)
1:00pm - 4:00pm Film Festival and Transit Displays
1:00pm - 4:00pm Legislative Appointments (LOB & Capitol)
4:00pm - 6:00pm Legislative Presentation & Reception (The Well)
TRANSIT AWARENESS DAY RALLY SPEAKERS:
- Carm Basile, NYPTA President, CEO, CDTA; Master of Ceremonies
- Sen. Joseph Robach
- Assemblyman James Brennan
- NYSDOT Commissioner Joan McDonald
- Tom Prendergast, Chairman & CEO, MTA
- Veronica Vanterpool, Ex.Director, Tri-State Transportation Campaign
- Kevin Corbett, Co-Chair, Empire State Transportation Alliance
- Kevin Dawson, Regional Sales Manager, Nova Bus
- Dave Delforte and Ed Gallagher, Sales Managers, Shepard Bros. Inc.
- Chris Boylan, Director, Governmental and Strategic Partnerships, General Contractors Association of New York
- Latonya Crisp-Sauray, Recording Secretary,TWU Local 100