Please Support Increased Funding for New York's Public Transit Systems
The Executive, Senate and Assembly FY 2023-24 budgets include significant increases in funding that New York’s public transit systems need to have included in the final budget to improve local transit services.
Please reach out to your local lawmakers and Governor Hochul and urge them to support NYPTA’s transit recommendations for the final New York State budget:
- Provide the largest possible STOA increase to all upstate and downstate non-MTA transit systems, but no less than 20%- the minimum proposed in the one-house bills.
- Provide robust, dedicated, and sustainable revenues to fund all transit systems across the state including direct funding to the MTA.
- Provide $239.5 m. in capital funding for non-MTA systems as proposed by the Assembly.
- Provide $10 m. in FY 2023-24 as the first year of an on-demand pilot program.
- Continue $4 m. in state aid from DOH budget to rural transit systems impacted by the state’s Medicaid transportation policy.
See NYPTA’s full transit recommendations for the final NYS Budget: 2023-2024 Budget Recommendations
Click below to find the contact information for Governor Hochul and your lawmakers:
- Governor Kathy Hochul: https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form
- Assemblymembers: https://www.nyassembly.gov/mem/search/
- Senators: https://www.nysenate.gov/registration/nojs/form/start/find-my-senator