Transit 101 Program Description:
The course will provide details on the state transit operating and capital assistance programs, eligibility requirements and their rules and regulations, as well as an overview of federal programs applicable to New York State’s transit systems. It will cover the application processes for the various programs, program reporting and compliance requirements.
- Thursday, June 23
- Friday, June 24
$1,225/participants - this feel includes both training sessions, lunch and all training materials.
**Transit 101 is RTAP eligible. We encourage attendees to contact NYSDOT to confirm RTAP reimbursement at Courtney.Martin@dot.ny.gov or (518) 457-1396.
Department of Transportation
50 Wold Rd.
Albany, NY 12205
Who is Transit 101 for?
Transit 101 is intended as a basic introduction and description of state and federal transit programs for staff of transit agencies, local government sponsors and others who are involved in transportation and are interested in learning more about these programs. It also functions as a refresher course for those wishing to update their knowledge of these programs and their procedures.
Goals of this Course
- Improve understanding of transit programs and rules
- Improve quality and timeliness of applications
- Reduce delays from incomplete applications
- Reduce DOT staff time for application review and approval
- Improve overall program compliance and reporting
- Provide materials and e-learning for future reference
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 15, 2022