DEPARTMENT: Operations, Centro of Oneida, Inc.
SALARY RANGE: Grade 6 - $56,623 to $69,352
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position and will be
set at some point between the minimum and maximum of the pay scale.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing and supervising the overall daily activities of the Operations Department of Centro of Oneida. Position is exempt.
SAFETY DUTIES: To be aware of safety policy, procedure and protocols and to report unsafe conditions to the Senior Director of Operations and/or the Director of Security & Safety immediately. To ensure overall departmental adherence to safety policy, procedure and protocols. To ensure subordinate staff attain the necessary and proper training and education on safety standards. To coordinate these activities with the Senior Director of Operations and/or the Director of Security & Safety and report progress or deficiencies regularly.
1. Supervises and coordinates the activities of Outside Supervisors and Dispatchers in Utica and Rome.
2. Develops and assists the Director of Operations in scheduling, route planning and employee forecasting.
3. Enforces work rules in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and CNYRTA Policies.
4. In conjunction with CNYRTA managers, this position assist in the development of operational and safety
policies for inclusion into appropriate manuals.
5. Reviews and prepares monthly progress reports for the Director of Operations.
6. Works in coordination with our Syracuse Call-A-Bus Division.
7. Works in coordination with our Service Development Department for passenger and mileage statistics.
8. Coordinates with our 19A Instructor in regards to driver training.
9. Coordinates and assists in training of employees on the computer network.
10. Acts as contact person with the CNYRTA MIS Department to evaluate the overall network including PCs
11. Contact person with CNYRTA Service Development Department to initiate run guide process for Centro of
Oneida. (This includes Rome).
12. Acts as project coordinator for special projects at the direction of the Senior Director of Operations.
13. Provides monthly reports to the Director of Operations and Senior Director of Operations.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
1. Knowledge of transit routes, equipment, and employee duties and responsibilities.
2. Knowledge of authority policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of city streets and surrounding areas serviced by Centro.
4. Knowledge of union contracts (Utica & Rome).
5. Supervisory skills.
6. Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
7. Skill in operating a computer.
8. CDL B with Passenger endorsement preferred.
To apply for this position please complete a Centro of Oneida In House Transfer Request Form that is available from Marie Fraccola, Administrative HR Supervisor. A current resume must also be attached to the form. For individuals not currently employed by Centro, applications must be submitted to Marie Fraccola or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to
apply. Centro of Oneida, Inc. reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.