DEPARTMENT: Operations, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: Grade 9 - $81,703 to $95,123
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position and will be set at some
point between the minimum and maximum of the pay scale.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing and supervising the overall activities of the Operations Department in Onondaga, Oswego and Cayuga Counties. Position is exempt.
1. Directs and coordinates, Operations activities in Centro of Syracuse as well as transportation, fleet maintenance,
and facilities operations in Centro of Cayuga and Centro of Oswego,
2. Beware of safety policy, procedure and protocols and report unsafe conditions immediately.
3. Assists with administering union contract and consult with union officials as necessary
4. Consults with Senior Vice President of Operations on a weekly basis to determine staffing levels.
5. Coordinates operations (dispatch) workflow and work assignments with other departments.
6. Develops, implements, and reviews internal operations as assigned by Senior Vice President of Operations.
7. Interacts and consults with Planning Department on a regular basis as needed.
8. Assist with safety programs and accident review as needed.
9. Oversees overall activities of inside and outside supervisors.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, as well as an equivalent combination of related work, training
and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
1. Knowledge of transportation industry standard and procedures
2. Knowledge/Experience with Collective Bargaining Units
3. Skill in supervision.
4. Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
5. Skill in operating a computer.
6. Skill in interpersonal relations.
7. Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Senior Director of Operations assigns work in terms of goals and objectives. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include authority policies and procedures, union contract, and established transit practices. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of varied administrative and supervisory duties. Inclement weather conditions, bus accidents, and personnel shortages contribute to the complexity of the work.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: This position is responsible for supervising inside and outside supervisors relating to daily bus operations. Successful performance in this position ensures the availability of efficient and reliable transit services to the general public.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with co-workers, other authority employees, local law enforcement agencies, union representatives, contract service personnel, University personnel, and State Fair Officials.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The position would normally require the following; Sitting, standing, walking and reaching on a daily basis. Use of hands and fingers for computer use and typing, talking and hearing in manner to facilitate verbal effective communications. The work is generally considered sedentary work. Close mental and visual attention is required to perform daily work dealing with computer operations, preparing and analyzing data/reports and written materials.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office that is sometimes noisy.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has direct supervision over (1) Manager of Operations (Onondaga County), (1) Senior Manager of Field Operations (Onondaga County), (1) Manager of Subsidiary Operations (Cayuga and Oswego County) Applications must be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.